Saturday, April 18, 2015

Shooting Star

Yesterday at the gym this song was playing when I walked out of my yoga class:

Don't you know, yeah yeah, Don't you know that you are a shooting star,
Don't you know, don't you know. Don't you know that you are
a shooting star, And all the world will love you just as long,
As long as you are.

And I sang along, at least I thought I did, to one of my students:

Don't you know that you are a superstar?!

Isn't it shooting star? She corrected. I guess according to Bad Company, it is:

Oh oh oh, Don't you know that you are a shooting star,
Don't you know, yeah, don't you know', Don't you know that
you are a shooting star,
Don't you know, yeah,
Don't you know that you are a shooting star,
Don't you, don't you,
don't you, don't you,
Don't you know, don't you
know, oh, yeah, you are,
Yeah, a shooting star, yeah, oh
oh oh oh oh......
Don't you, don't you know
that you are a shooting star,
Don't you don't you know......

I'll tell you who did not turn out to be a superstar or a shooting star, and that was the dude from Tinder whom I talked to on the phone on Friday. So not someone with whom I enjoyed talking.

I decided after that that I either need to get away from online dating altogether or engage in it a little more -- being a potted plant on those sites is doing me zero good.

So I decided to reach out to a dude who looked cool and sounded interesting. He's a fellow ginger, which I find intriguing -- I've never dated another redhead. Not sure I'm gonna date this one, either, but when I asked him if he is a biker, either mountain or road, he said mountain. I said cool, we should go together, he agreed, and then, here's the kicker: He signed his name, and it was, of course, one and the same name as:

1) My first real boyfriend;
2) My first love; (different person from 1)
3) My last love.

I almost wrote back and said nah, never mind, I have a policy against going down this same road again, but I stopped myself. Although some of my friends agree with me that maybe I need to steer clear of boys with this admittedly popular name (but still), others have suggested that the ones that came before are all a warm-up for the real deal who'll have the same name. Who knows? We'll see how this one plays out...

No comments:

Post a Comment