Sunday, March 27, 2016

Room at the End of the World

I love Easter. I love the story of the resurrection and the rebirth. Every year it seems to come right when I need it most, and this year is no exception. I may have said this before -- because God knows I've known intellectually for years that I needed to let go of the past -- but I feel ready now. I feel like I have what I need to really do it this time -- strength, support, acceptance, peace.

I went to church this morning -- an essential part of the Easter experience for me and the only day of the year I feel compelled to return to the Episcopalian part of my roots -- which was a satisfying experience on a lot of levels.

I particularly liked this prayer:

"Call us to our mission. Give us insight to know it and power to do it."

Right? So important to have both in all things we try to do in this life, from letting go of a relationship that is no longer serving you to finding fulfilling work.

On the way home from church I heard this song, which also seems to be about beginnings and endings:

If the sun don't light
and the night won't turn
we'll get a room at the end of the world
and we'll rewrite all the wrongs we've learned
safe in our room at the end of the world

These streets are haunted
with ghosts who wait on luck to come
sleep with hornets
and they wonder why they wake up stung

Sad can't catch me
call me baby now
when it's all I use to believe

One heart is never enough alone
one heart is never enough alone

It's true. Good thing this heart is far from alone and ready to be reborn with someone new...

No comments:

Post a Comment