Thursday, January 5, 2017

New Hampshire

My New Hampshire loving man
Last night while I was working on my computer, I suddenly heard this song playing rather loudly:

When I die
Please bury me in New Hampshire
I really like the leaves

Don't be sad
I'd done my share of living
I think I have to leave

Eventually I figured out I had accidentally started up Spotify, and I continued listening because the song was beautiful, and because it spoke of a subject near and dear to my man: New Hampshire.

I texted him (knowing he is often out of cell service) to see if he'd ever heard this song. I figured he had, because his knowledge of music (like his knowledge of most things) is extensive. But it was new to him too:

Someday all the birds up in the sky will just die (oh well)
And the sun it will burn out (oh well)
And you and I will die (oh well)
Oh well ( 5x)

It's true. Someday we will all die. I remember early last year, I texted the New Englander about a dream I had about him dying.

I said:

"I hope I'm with you when you die, but if I'm not, I hope I at least know."

He texted back: "Oh sweetie. I don't think I was ready to hear that."

And I came back with: "Yeah well, that's part of loving someone and being loved. You're not always ready for what they've got for you."

And that sure was true for us.

Which makes me extra super much grateful that we're both ready for each other now, and that chances are a whole bunch better that I will, indeed be with him when he dies.

Whether or not it's in New Hampshire, I can't rightly say:

In the summer
Just dig me up and
Put me on the high line
I really like the breeze

After that just put me on a bus
Back to New Hampshire
I think I had to leave

Someday all the birds up in the sky will just die (oh well)
And the sun it will burn out (oh well)
You and I will die someday (oh well)
Oh well ( 5x)

What if all the birds up in the sky just died (oh well)
And the sun burns out (oh well)
You and I could die (oh well oh well)
Oh well
Oh well
Oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment