Monday, January 16, 2017

She Wakes When She Dreams

I was looking forward to so many things about being with the New Englander again, but one of them was sleeping with him. He's so awesome to sleep with, and over the last few months, I've been struggling with getting a good night sleep, so I was extra excited to have his calm, warm body next to mine.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night having had a dream. It didn't make me cry, like in the song we heard Lucero sing this morning:

She's crying herself to sleep every night
'til her eyes shut and find better times
She wakes when she dreams
Sleeps when she wakes

But it did wake me, and I was so grateful that the New Englander was there to hold me and say something along the lines of these Lucero lyrics:

Now sleep my sweet girl
And dream of better days

The rest of this song is also pretty dark, but lucky for me, I'm not just dreaming about better days, I'm LIVING them, WITH my man by my side:

Nothing it seems went according to plan
Who are we kidding, there was never a plan
We followed our instincts
In the worst kind of ways

Now sleep my sweet girl
And dream of better days

She sits at the bar, she smiles and she drinks
She talks the whole night
Never says what she means
She'll fight when she's drunk
We stay outta the way

Now sleep my sweet girl
And dream of better days

She wears a sorrow beauty can't hide
I pray she sheds it and sleep the whole night
She wakes when she dreams
Sleeps when she wakes

At least until he goes back to New England tomorrow. But that's ok. He'll be back for good by July.

So until then, I'll follow this advice:

Now sleep my sweet girl
And dream of better days

Knowing full well they will be here before I know it...

No comments:

Post a Comment