Sunday, June 6, 2010

At Last

This amazing song was the one that my ex and I used, 12 years ago today, to mark our wedding day. Listening to it now, and hearing these words:

"At last my love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song"

I recognize that my love did come along, and we shared a lot of love and created two beautiful children together before things went sour.

And I recognize that although my lonely days are not over, life is indeed like a song. Today's song was once, for me, a super romantic my-heart-is-filled-with-love song, and now it's a bittersweet and heartbreaking song, but I know that tomorrow there'll be another song, or a different spin on an old one.

You can listen here to Etta belt out the original, or you can watch the incredible beauty Beyonce doing a cover. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment