Saturday, June 5, 2010

Throw Your Arms Around Me

Is that so much to ask?

I don't think it is.

Should I have to ask?

I don't think I should, and I don't want to.

I heard this song earlier today (it's on a disc of old faves that my friend made from our days in Oz).

This is how I want a romance to feel, except for the "and we may never meet again" part. I refuse to believe that is essential to the equation. I'm banking on finding the throw your arms around me feeling that lasts...

I want it to last the way my crush on Eddie Vedder has -- which is still going strong after 20 years (considerably more steadfast than my first marriage, the would-be 12th anniversary of which is tomorrow, but we didn't quite make it to 11. I say first because I know there will be another one, not because I've been married more than once).

Anyway, I don't think I ever knew that Eddie covered this song -- oh the treasures one can find on youtube!

No comments:

Post a Comment