Sunday, June 13, 2010

Let it Be

I've had the goal of a regular meditation practice for a few years now, but I'm still finding it elusive. I recently discovered some guided meditations by Jack Kornfield and I'm finding that somehow, when Jack is guiding me, I can more easily go to that place that is equal parts insight and release. One of the six meditations on the CD is called Buddha transforms difficulties. Basically, he guides you back into a difficult experience, and a wise, compassionate figure shows you another way to be in the same situation. The compassionate figures that show up for me tend to be Buddha, Jesus and Mother Mary, and today it was Mother Mary.

Then tonight, when I was putting my daughter to sleep, I sang her a little song that went something like "I love you --- you're the most beautiful daughter in the world." And she said is that a real song? And I asked her what she meant and she said -- you know, like the Beatles? And then I started to sing Let it Be, and as I did, I realized that the song told the story of my meditation practice hours before:

When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom: let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom: let it be.

Love these synchronicities that pop up in life when we pay attention!

Here are the Beatles with their own brand of zen, back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment