Monday, August 13, 2012

Sister Christian

Here we are mid-ride on a PBJ break
My boyfriend and I hopped in the car on Saturday bound for Milwaukee. Having heard that there were some pretty sweet mountain bike trails right through the city along the river, we thought we'd check those out and then follow up our ride with dinner out somewhere other than one of our usual Madison spots. (We ended up at Centro Cafe where we had a delicious meal outside on a beautiful evening.)

On the way to Milwaukee, this classic tune came on the radio:

Sister Christian
Oh the time has come
And you know that you're the only one
To say O.K.
Where you going
What you looking for
You know those boys
Don't want to play no more with you
It's true

You're motoring
What's your price for flight
In finding mister right
You'll be alright tonight

Babe you know
You're growing up so fast
And mama's worrying
That you won't last
To say let's play
Sister Christian
There's so much in life Don't you give it up
Before your time is due
It's true
It's true yeah

Motoring
What's your price for flight
You've got him in your sight
And driving thru the night
Motoring...

Yep, we were motoring, and we were both belting out this song, and, well, I got a little teary. You see, one of my wishes was for a man who shared the same music I did, and I felt super grateful in that moment that I'd found him. Yes, super grateful even though when I explained what I was feeling, his response was:

"I hate this song!"

Uh-huh. Hate it in the way that you love singing along to it, that is...  Ok, so it maybe wasn't quite the moment I thought it was, but we do, in fact, share the same music, and even like a lot of the same music, even if we won't always admit it...

No comments:

Post a Comment