Monday, September 9, 2013

Float On

Monday again already -- that's how my kids and I all felt this morning when the alarm rudely awakened us. I normally wake up before my alarm goes off, but today it started beeping when I was in the middle of a big old dream during some hard core REM sleep, making Monday morning wake up even more painful than usual.

My work day felt long but not too painful, and after work I went for the first time to an open practice (meaning teacher present but not leading) at the yoga studio where I'm doing the 90 day intensive. It was a cool experience -- I didn't remember every bit of the primary series perfectly -- but I did sweat my ass off and I did get a lot of personal attention from the teacher that was helpful.

After class I came home and settled into the couch for a beer, some chips and hummus and salsa, and The Wire, which is my latest Netflix disc. It's kinda making me think I missed my calling, because the detectives get to drop the F-bomb and all kinds of other creative swear words and no one even bats an eyelash -- sometimes I feel like that kind of freedom of expression would be nice. Then again, how would I manage to clean it up for my kids if I let it rip all day? See? That's a problem I don't have.

Anyway, as I was contemplating the day, this song floated into my head, and I reckon it's as good as any to mark this day:

Alright, already and we'll all float on
Alright, already we'll all float on
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on, alright

Already we'll all float on
Alright, already we'll all float on
Okay, don't worry, we'll all float on
Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on

Alright, already we'll all float on
Alright, no don't you worry, we'll all float on
Alright, all float on

Yep, that's how I'm feeling now, and that's a change from when my heart was so heavy I didn't think floating on was a possibility, let alone a sure thing. I'm grateful to all that has supported me in my healing process, including this blog and its readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment