Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Love Love Love

Yesterday when I was looking for the new song by the Femmes, I found a similarly titled song:

Well, maybe I'm a crook for stealing your heart away
Yeah, maybe I'm a crook for not caring for it
Yeah, maybe I'm a bad, bad, bad, bad person
Well, baby, I know.

And these fingertips
Will never run through your skin
And those bright blue eyes
Can only meet mine across the room filled with people that are less important than you.

All 'cause you love, love, love
When you know I can't love
You love, love, love
When you know I can't love
You love, love, love
When you know I can't love you

So I think it's best we both forget before we dwell on it
The way you held me so tight
All through the night
'Til it was near morning

Ouch! This is gonna hurt for a while!
'Cause you love, love, love
When you know I can't love
You love, love, love
When you know I can't love
You love, love, love
When you know I can't love you

And when I heard it, this is what I thought:

Yeah, so that happened. Except I was the one love love loving and he was the one who couldn't love me. Not how I wanted him to love me. And I did know it.

In other news, I crashed my road bike today. All things considered, it wasn't too bad: Minimal damage to my bike: broken toe clip and messed up chain which some nice young man fixed for me at the scene, and minimal damage to the right side of my body: bruised and bloodied elbow, hand, thigh and knee. In short, I feel banged up, and I don't particularly like feeling banged up. I hope I don't wake up feeling worse tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment