Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Never Thought (That I Could Love)

Today my very cheesy, romantic inner jukebox selected this number:

Can I touch you?
I can't believe that you are real
How did I ever find you?
You are the dream that saved my life
You are the reason I survived
Baby...

I thought it was a bit of a peculiar selection considering that I cannot, in fact, touch my love at the moment, whoever he is, and it is a bit hard to believe that he is real, because he hasn't actually shown up in my life. Maybe it means it is imminent? Here's hoping!

Tonight my Yogi teabag wisdom said:

"Where there is love, there is no question."

Hmmmm, I said to my daughter. Do you think that's true?

No. She said. More like the opposite.

Definitely not true of romantic love, I said.

A bit later on, she came back over and said: "Maybe it should have said when there is true love, there is no question?"

Maybe, I said. But how do you know when it is true love? That's what I thought I had with the last one.

Guess I've got more to learn. I hope one day I'll be able to answer that question, Dan Hill style:

I never thought that I could love
Someone as much as I love you
I know it's crazy but it's true
I never thought that I could need
Someone as much as I need you
I Love You...

Can I hold you?
Girl your smile lights up the sky
You are too beautiful for the human eye
You are the dream that never dies
You are the fire that burns inside
Baby...

I never thought that I could love
Someone as much as I love you
I know it's crazy but it's true
I never thought that I could need
Someone as much as I need you
I Love You...

You are the sunshine in the sky
You are the sparkle in my eyes

I love that part. I love how he belts it out. And I just know I'm going to light up some lucky man's life one of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment