Saturday, May 2, 2015

Another Soulmate

Well sports fans, I've decided to pack it in on the internet dating front. I got on there, as you may recall at the suggestion of a friend of mine, but my heart was never really in it.

In fact, I realized today that the only two people I expressed an interest in meeting were the people who explicitly said they were not really available to date. It's pretty laughable when I think about it.

But I just wasn't ready, and my meeting with the fellow ginger I wrote about a few days ago really brought that home to me. He was a nice guy, but not very fit (couldn't really keep up on the trails, especially the climbs), not very attractive, and just not firing on all cylinders in his life.

So I made a decision, right then and there, to let the Universe, not the internet, make the decision about my next soulmate.

Cue Jane's Addiction:

I'm down with you, baby
Down with you, honey

Yet another soulmate
Love to meet your latest
This one looks regretful
Possibly your greatest
Twice your age
We all nicknamed him grandpa he's so old
Anyone ever told you that you only want their soul

Another soulmate
Where'd you go
Oh my soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment