Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'd Love to Lay You Down

On this particular Sunday, I'm pretty happy to be laying down on my very own bed, having some time to myself.

Over the last few days, I keep hearing this song -- it's sort of in the background, just loud enough so I can hear it, but not so loud that I'm needing what he's singing about to be happening right now -- I can just sort of appreciate that it has happened and it will happen again.

When I was growing up, my mom listened to country music, which I found wildly uncool, but I've come to appreciate some of it and this song is a great example of what there is to appreciate about this genre. All the lyrics to this song are great, but being a redhead myself, I'm most partial to this verse:

When a whole lot of Decembers
Are showin' in your face
Your auburn hair has faded
And silver takes it's place
You'll be just as lovely and I'll still be around
And if I can I know that
I'd still love to lay you down

Lay you down and softly whisper
Pretty love words in your ear
Lay you down and tell you all the things
A woman loves to hear
I'll let you know how much it means
Just havin' you around
Oh, darlin' how I'd love to lay you down...

No comments:

Post a Comment