Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Something Good

This morning one of my favorite work buddies busted me listening to this song when he walked into my office. When I turned around he said: "Oh my god! You're glowing! You had sex!" And then I had to explain to him that actually I haven't, recently, but I do feel like I have, and I don't mean the empty one-night-stand wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am variety either. I mean the languorous, lingering variety. I can't fully explain it, except to say that I have the sense that all of what I've wanted in a man, in a relationship, in a marriage, in a family, is coming my way.

Perhaps I had a wicked childhood
Perhaps I had a miserable youth
But somewhere in my wicked miserable past
I must have had a moment of truth...

The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies of all time, but youtube let me down a bit in terms of having a clip of Maria & the Captain singing this song to each other. So we'll just have to make do with this one of Julie Andrews -- and I had to turn the volume all the way up to hear it:

For here you are
Standing there
Loving me
Whether or not you should

So somewhere in my youth
Or childhood
I must have done something good

Nothing comes from nothing
Nothing ever could
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good

Sometimes the comments on youtube make up for the crappy sound or the lack of the version you want -- and you have to love this comment on the page from this song:

"Julie Andrews is more than a legend. She's a UNICORN."

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that song and The Sound of Music. Sadly, I once had a crush on that young Nazi lad. For shame! I am glad to know that you think the love train is coming to your station soon. Choo! Choo!

    ReplyDelete