Monday, September 27, 2010

Speed of Sound

Yes, this night has been a long one, waiting on the words that just don't come, just like this beautiful man is singing to this packed house in Philly. Lucky them.

Me? Somehow I'll survive. (That's Eddie's lyric too.)

In preparation for a silent retreat coming up in early October (no talking, no eye contact for three whole days), I've been trying to do more seated meditation and have necessarily been thinking a lot about the speed of sound and what's going to go on in this head and heart of mine when I don't have outlets like conversations and blogging and singing along while listening to music. I'm guessing Eddie's voice isn't going to follow the guided meditations at the retreat like it sometimes does when I'm doing it at home on itunes.

Oh well, there is a lot that I love that I often have to do without -- and although sometimes it sucks, it also builds character. I used to hate it when my parents said that, but I reckon it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment