Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Open Arms

Continuing to process the tough feelings brought up by watching Eat Pray Love yesterday, I decided to try a little home remedy with the same prescription.

Eat: I made myself a delicious Italian dinner complete with a really yummy glass of red wine. I can totally see how eating like this can help heal...

Pray: I did the forgiveness meditation with Jack Kornfield. It has three parts -- forgiveness from others for harms I have caused, forgiveness for myself, and forgiveness for others who have harmed me. The movie (and of course the book on which it is based) deals most prominently with the need to forgive oneself. And it is huge. It also has two components -- the need to forgive yourself for harming, betraying or abandoning others, and the need to forgive yourself for harming, betraying or abandoning yourself. I think it was the latter that brought up the most sadness for me last night.

Love: With my current love interest so far away, I had to turn to music to feel the love as I crawled into bed last night. And it was this song that really spoke to me. The version that is on my ipod is a cover by Low, but I couldn't find that version on you tube. Which is just fine, because the original by Journey is amazing:

So now I come to you, with open arms
Nothing to hide, believe what I say
So here I am with open arms
Hoping you'll see what your love means to me
Open arms

Living without you, living alone
This empty house seems so cold
Wanting to hold you, wanting you near
How much I wanted you home

But now that you've come back
Turned night into day
I need you to stay...

I also stumbled on this little gem on youtube -- could Zack be any cuter, expressing his love Journey-style? I don't think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment