Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Light My Fire

Sticking with the fire theme, I read this week that the Doors keyboardist, Ray Manzarek, died at 74, from cancer, and this was the song that starting playing internally:

You know that it would be untrue
You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl, we couldn't get much higher

Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire

The time to hesitate is through
No time to wallow in the mire
Try now we can only lose
And our love become a funeral pyre

Lose? Funeral pyre? I really, really, wish that those lyrics didn't apply in the situation where my fire, pretty damn bright all by itself, got much higher than it's ever been before. Sometimes I just can't quite believe that it's happening this way...

No comments:

Post a Comment