Friday, October 25, 2013

Dream a Little Dream of Me

My kids and I got back from visiting my sister for my nephew's birthday this afternoon, and I was just kinda feeling like hanging at the homestead this evening. But I'd been invited to what seemed like would be a pretty cool party, so after I finished my dinner, I decided to venture out.

After all, I told myself, I've been asking the Universe to hook me up with some new peeps -- and I can't very well expect that to happen in my living room.

The evening didn't disappoint. I saw lots of people I knew and met some new ones too, including a group of people who invited me to a weekly ski event this Winter. Many of the people I talked to were very tall men, too, which is always a plus, though most of them were married.

Not all of them were, though, and as I was walking out to my car at the end of the evening, I heard the first verse of this song...

Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore trees
Dream a little dream of me

...and hoped that some tall, lovely man was doing just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment