Saturday, October 26, 2013

Kandi

I've heard this song a bunch of times on the radio lately. I rather like the whole thing, but it's the first line that seems to be on repeat in my head:

You've been my queen for longer than you know
My love for you has been
Every step I take, every day I live, everything I see

It's sort of a similar theme to last night's post -- the thought that somewhere out there someone is imagining a life with me just as I'm imagining a life with him. It's not a date for a movie, which would be nice this weekend, but it does keep me just a little bit warmer as the cooler temperatures begin setting in.

My friends seem to think I'm in different spots in terms of my readiness to be out there again, with some saying I am ready and some saying I'm not. I'm not really sure myself. I'm getting there, but I'm not sure I am there -- if I were, I'd probably have a movie date this weekend.

I think it helps that anyone I date who is close to my age is pretty much guaranteed to have been through the sort of heartbreak I feel like -- or at least hope -- I'm at the tail end of:

And it hurts beyond hurt
It was a love that blinds and a love that stings...

I know he called you, baby, baby, all night long
I know he called you, baby, baby, all night long

That's going to help when starting something new, I know it is, but for now, I'm content to wait until the Universe decides I'm ready to meet my match:

Does my love ever touch you?
Does my love ever reach you?
It's never enough, ah, is it never enough?

The one with whom I share a life that is more than enough -- so much better than the feeling of trying to share a life with someone with whom it never was enough. We all deserve more peace than that...

No comments:

Post a Comment