Monday, November 25, 2013

The Lazy Song

Snow on the juniper bushes this morning
Busy morning at the homestead today. Three inches of snow on the ground to be shoveled, awaiting the repairman for the bum furnace that has been on the fritz all weekend, and have already been visited by the garage door repairman because, that's right, it's busted too. No one ever said home ownership was easy. Or cheap.

Somewhat inexplicably, after nearly 12 hours of sleep (interrupted by getting up a couple of times to try to get the heat to go back on so I didn't freeze), I woke up this morning with this song playing in my head:

Today I don't feel like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed
Don't feel like picking up my phone
So leave a message at the tone
'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything

The rest of the lyrics of this silly song are just too silly to post here (hand in his pants? snuggie?), but I get excited whenever my internal ipod plays a song, even when it's not one of my faves, so I thought I'd use it to mark this at-home but not-so-lazy day...

No comments:

Post a Comment