Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Weight

This morning on my ride to work, I decided to take the scenic route along the lake. We've had the most gorgeous Fall so far -- so lovely and warm. Today it is supposed to be 70!

I'm also happy to report that the inner jukebox, which has been quiet lately, provided not one but two songs for my journey, both with the same theme. I love it when that happens! One I've blogged about in the past -- Carry That Weight by the Beatles.

And the other:

Take a load off, Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off, Fanny
And (and) (and) you put the load right on me
(You put the load right on me)

Well, I learned something about this second one -- I always thought it was take a load off Annie!

In any case, the message that the music is trying to deliver is pretty clear to me: Take a load off. Stop carrying that weight.

I'm trying. My body is definitely changing rapidly on the Whole 30 -- my practice partners can't believe that I can now bind and put my feet together in Supta Kurmasana. (I can't cross my feet yet and I can't do it myself -- but I was so far from even being able to fold forward that much before I went on this anti-inflammation diet!

I'm hoping and thinking that I will be able to let go of other things I've been hanging onto in the process, just like my friend Fanny:

Take a load off, Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off, Fanny
And (and) (and) you put the load right on me
(You put the load right on me)

No comments:

Post a Comment