Wednesday, July 28, 2010

All That She Wants

There's just something about Leos -- so many important people in my life have the sign of the lion. Today is both my sister's birthday and one of my dearest faraway friends. It's been a crazy day, too -- I called my sister to wish her a happy birthday and she told me our mother had fallen off her bike and landed on her head and was in the hospital with a severe concussion. I talked to my mom this evening, and she's ok. She's even thinking of buying a helmet (she's never been big on safety). And then a bunch of minor things happened -- a glass got broken in the kitchen, not one but two glasses of milk were spilled at dinner -- it just seems like something is a bit off.

Since I didn't get to speak to her, I wanted to choose a song today in celebration of my friend. She was with me on many an all night revel, and we danced to a lot of songs together, but this is the one that came up for me. I have particularly fond memories of her moves during this part of the song:

So if you are in sight and the day is right
She's the hunter you're the fox
The gentle voice that talks to you won't talk forever
It is a night for passion
But the morning means goodbye
Beware of what is flashing in her eyes
She's going to get you

I hope it won't be too much longer before we're back on the dance floor together again.

I wonder, too, if this song is the one that came up because I started the morning at my OB/GYN office surrounded by pregnant women and wishing for that brand of big belly? It's not all that I want, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment