Friday, July 23, 2010

I Don't Want To Talk About It

Sometimes I feel like I get so much out of therapy; other times I feel like it's really just me saying the same shit over and over again. And while the insights are still coming, I am finding that the deeper they are, the harder they are to implement.

What's a girl to do? I'm trying to be gentle with myself. Sleeping a little more, and knowing that when I'm ready, I can and will continue to change the things about my life that aren't working.

This is the tune that my inner jukebox is spinning this morning. Check out this classic video of Rod singing it live in his pink suit with barely a hint of a shirt on underneath --who else could get away with that look? I also discovered this little treasure on youtube -- Rod accompanied by Amy Belle -- and when she sings:

I don't wanna
Talk about it
How you broke my heart...

It's almost more powerful than the original by the man in the pink suit. Almost.

I don't wanna talk about it anymore either...

No comments:

Post a Comment