Monday, April 15, 2013

Grenade

For the last couple of weeks, since I found out about the huge chunk of change I owe in taxes this year, I've been hearing the first four words of this song. I used to work with a woman who had the "easy come, easy go" attitude about money - - and it seemed like a healthy one to me -- so I try to employ it at times like this.

This morning, feeling as I do like a grenade went off in my chest, it seems like this song might be here for another reason as well:

Easy come, easy go
That's just how you live, oh
Take, take, take it all
But you never give...

Gave you all I had
And you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash, you did
To give me all your love is all I ever asked...

Alright, time to drag my ass off this mattress and onto my yoga mat. If I wanna have a prayer of getting through this time, I'm gonna have to make that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment