Monday, April 29, 2013

She Wakes When She Dreams

As often happens when I go through hard times, my sleep suffers. Lately I've been feeling very tired in the evening, wanting to go to bed super early -- and when my kids aren't around, I sometimes do. When they are home, I can't, but no matter when I go to sleep, I tend to wake up around 4:30am and have trouble getting back to sleep. It's a drag, because I'm inevitably tired at some point in my day.

My ipod was kind enough to shuffle onto a song this morning that suggested I'm not the only one in this boat:

She's crying herself to sleep every night
'til her eyes shut and find better times
She wakes when she dreams
Sleeps when she wakes

Unfortunately, as also happens during stressful times, my dreams are often pretty unpleasant too.

Here's hoping that this all turns around soon:

Now sleep my sweet girl
And dream of better days

She wears a sorrow beauty can't hide
I pray she sheds it and sleep the whole night
She wakes when she dreams
Sleeps when she wakes

Now sleep my sweet girl
And dream of better days

No comments:

Post a Comment