Thursday, June 20, 2013

Love Song

Today on the radio I heard one of my favorite, long lost ballads:

So you think that it's over,
That your love has finally reached the end.
Any time you call, night or day,
I'll be right there for you if you need a friend.

I had a nice long chat with one of my close friends the other night. She gave me so much love and support and assurance that everything is going to be alright that I almost thought, when I got off the phone, that it could just start being alright right then and there. Like now I've got it, so I can be done with all this heartbreak.

This morning I was super sad, and I emailed her asking why I couldn't translate what I thought I understood so that my heart and my body could get it too. Here's what she said:

"You cannot compress time, and you cannot control healing. It sucks, but you cannot organize this process, you just have to be with it.  I think it's like practicing an instrument or training for a race. No shortcuts."

Damn. My long-haired friends agree:

It's gonna take a little time.
Time is sure to mend your broken heart.
Don't you even worry, pretty darlin'.
I know you'll find love again. Yeah.

I know I will too, but I wish I didn't have to go through this. For now, I'm just going to have to trust:

Love will find a way.
Darlin', love is gonna find a way,
Find its way back to you.
Love will find a way.
So look around, open your eyes.
Love is gonna find a way.
Love is gonna, love is gonna find a way.
Love will find a way.
Love's gonna find a way back to you, yeah,
I know. I know. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment