Friday, June 14, 2013

So Nice So Smart

I've been too tired to blog all week, and I woke up this morning feeling pretty weighed down. My stomach still feels off --- I don't know if it's still related to the half marathon, but my legs are still sore, which is definitely related to that.

Plus, I've been grappling with how to say goodbye to the man I thought was my man for a while now. The time is drawing near, it doesn't feel good, and it makes me want to retreat into myself.

My friend sent me a beautiful book, tiny beautiful things (Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar) by Cheryl Strayed, that gives the opposite advice in a beautiful way when she says:

The story of human intimacy is one of constantly allowing ourselves to see those we love in a new, more fractured light. Look hard. Risk that.

You know Sugar, I have been risking that, but it hurts. And when my ipod shuffled onto this song this morning, I knew this was the song to mark this day:

You're so nice and you're so smart,
You're such a good friend I have to break your heart.
I'll tell you that I love you then I'll tear your world apart.
Just pretend I didn't tear your world apart...

No comments:

Post a Comment