Monday, June 3, 2013

She Must Be Somebody's Baby

I've been enjoying a little Dowton Abbey on Netflix, and on a recent episode one of the daughters gets jilted at the altar. "You're being tested!" Her mother tells her. I can relate. I feel like I'm being tested right now, and I'm trying to have faith that the Universe has a plan for me and that it knows something I don't about why my current circumstances may one day be viewed as beneficial.

After I dropped my kids at school this morning, this song came on the radio:

Well, just - a look at that girl with the lights comin' up in her eyes.
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She must be somebody's baby.
All the guys on the corner stand back and let her walk on by.
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She must be somebody's baby.
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She's so fine.
She's probably somebody's only light.
Gonna shine tonight.
Yeah, she's probably somebody's baby, all right.

And as I parked my car and got my bike out of the trunk and rode to work, I started to hear a slightly different version of the song in my head -- the full faith version:

She's gonna be somebody's baby;
She must be somebody's baby;
She's gonna be somebody's baby.
She's so fine.
She's gonna be somebody's only light...

Maybe not tonight, but it's gonna happen. I just have to keep holding on to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment