Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Let's Stay Together

Last weekend wasn't an easy one for the Archico family. I had to tell the kids that my boyfriend, someone they are both quite attached to, is going to be moving back East this summer. My daughter, in particular, had a hard time with the news. I did my best to comfort her, reassuring her that he wasn't leaving yet, and even when he does, he's going to remain in our lives.

On Sunday, our beloved New Englander came over to talk more with the kids about his plans and his reasons. We made a fire, played legos, had dinner together, and listened to Pandora. When this song came on, I just let Al sing what's in my heart for me:

I, I'm so in love with you
Whatever you want to do is all right with me
'Cause you make me feel so brand new
And I want to spend my life with you

Let me say that since, alright, since we've been together
Loving you forever is what I need
Oh let me be the one you come running to
I'll never be untrue

Oh let's, let's stay together
Lovin' you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad, alright, oh yeah
Whether times are good or bad, happy or sad

Oh tell me why, why, why, why, why, why
Why people break up, turn around and make up
I can't see, you never, never, never do that to me
You better not do, staying around you is all I
All these eyes will ever see

Why won't you say that me, everybody says
That let's, let's stay together
Lovin' you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad

Everybody says, "Let's, let's stay together
I'll keep on lovin' you whether, whether
Times are, oh times are good or times are bad
Whether, whether good or bad, happy or sad
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

I'm hoping we will stay together, even if we aren't geographically together for a while.

My Mom called tonight, and asked me how my man was doing. I filled her in on the news. "Does that make you really sad?" she asked. Through tears, I answered that it did, but that more than anything, I want him to be happy, and he's not happy here, particularly in the winter. And I told her how grateful I felt to be able to love someone this way. "It is a privilege, isn't it?" she said.

Yeah it is. And I think my kids and I can all feel how lucky we are to have such an amazing person in our lives. We certainly wouldn't want to limit his ability to feel amazing in his own skin. That would be a mean thing to do to him and to the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment