Friday, January 25, 2013

Poison

Yesterday at the gym the instructor (who was probably a toddler when this song came out) played a mix that included this dance fave of mine from my college years:

It's drivin' me out of my mind!
That's why it's HARD for me to find
Can't get it out of my head!
Miss her, kiss her, love her
(Wrong move you're dead!)

I was introduced to this song when I was working at a summer camp for inner-city kids from Chicago. Those kids could dance, and they tried to teach me, but they weren't entirely successful. "Girl, you ain't got no rhythm!" is what I recall them shouting at me as I tried to copy their moves.

Back at UW the following fall, fueled with booze at a frat party, this song came on and I forgot all about my observed lack of rhythm and got that dance on for all to see:

That girl is POISOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON...
Never trust a big butt and smile
That girl is POISOOOOOOOOOOOOOON...
POISON!

I sure wish I had a video I could upload for you all to see, or a friend who was there to help me recount it, but alas, I have neither to offer, so you'll just have to trust me: I was a source of some serious amusement and bemusement that night when this track came on!

No comments:

Post a Comment