Thursday, January 24, 2013

Master of the House

I almost included a warning with my last post that I might be doing multiple Les Mis posts, but decided against it. Guess I didn't fully grasp the hold that music has on me once I get it into my head: it won't leave! Often I enjoy that fact, but the other night, not so much. I kept waking up in the middle of the night with any number of Les Mis songs in my head, including this one, and it isn't one of my favorites:

Master of the house, doling out the charm
Ready with a handshake and an open palm
Tells a saucy tale, makes a little stir
Customers appreciate a bon-viveur
Glad to do a friend a favor
Doesn't cost me to be nice
But nothing gets you nothing
Everything has got a little price!

Between the les mis lyrics and the stress about selling my house, sleep was in short supply. I did find a buyer, and that's positive for sure -- soon I won't be paying two mortgages and two utility bills and two home insurance policies and two property tax bills - but I didn't get as much for it as I'd hoped. That leaves me feeling less financially secure, which is undermining my sense of security in other ways too.

But I'm hoping to sleep a little bit more soundly tonight. I had some bodywork done this evening and that often helps me go with the flow a little better and trust the process more, even when it isn't going exactly as I'd planned...


No comments:

Post a Comment