Sunday, August 9, 2015

Santeria

Somewhat inexplicably, I woke up early this morning, and this song was going through my head:

All I really want to know
I already know
All I really want to say
I can't define
It's love that I need
But my soul will have to wait till I get back and find
Heina of my own
Daddy's gonna love one and all
I feel the break, feel the break, feel the break and I got to live it out, oh yeah

This place was flower and bunny heaven!
I worked on my book this morning when I woke up, and the song came just sort of popped into my head. Maybe to remind me that I know all I need to know to write it?

I swear that I all really want to know
All I really want to say is I got mine and I make it
That love make it go, my soul will have to wait

And maybe a little you-can't-hurry-love message thrown in? I can always use that reminder. This was definitely a take-it-easy, do-what-I-please kind of weekend, and today ended up involving a run through Owen Park and a night out at a new restaurant with an old friend.

What I really want know, ah baby
What I really want to say is there's just one way back
And I'll make it, yeah, my soul will have to wait

I'll make it alright. And while my soul may have to wait for full satisfaction on every level, it's pretty darn content right where it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment