Monday, August 17, 2015

You've Got Me Wrapped Around Your Little Finger

Went to yoga again tonight with the same teacher, only this time I started off with a Yin class and then went to one with the teacher I described in yesterday's post.

During both classes, there was a little friend sitting on the ledge, peering into the studio. I wish I had a photo of this little toad, but by the time I was done with both classes, he'd hopped away.

When I got home, I looked up toads as animal totems to see what message he might have for me, and this is what I found:

Inner Strength, Luck

The appearance of a Toad heralds a successful time of drawing upon
and using our inner resources.
Toads are associated with money and luck –
especially changing your luck from bad to good.
People with a Toad totem can see things and people more clearly.

A Toad heralds the need for self-examination.
Ask these questions:
Am I hesitating to act and missing opportunities?
Am I allowing fear to hinder progress?
Have I forgotten my inner strength?

A Toad totem is a representation of the Moon, and represents both Life and Death.
In alchemy, the Toad signifies the dark side of Nature.
In the ancient cultures of Mexico, the Toad symbolized the Earth.

Sounds like the little guy was bringing me good luck -- love it!

I heard this song today, and although I'm not currently wrapped around anyone's little finger or kissing anyone, it's lovely to think about a time when I will be again:

You've got me wrapped around your little finger
If this is Love, it's everything i hoped it would be
You've got me wrapped around your little finger
You will see, By my words just how much you mean to me

When we kiss, It's as if our lips agree
that we were meant to be
When we touch, It's too much
Oh the sparks that fly, Are lighting up the sky

You've got me wrapped around your little finger
If this is Love, it's everything i hoped it would be
You've got me wrapped around your little finger
If this is Love, It's everything that i've been dreaming of

No comments:

Post a Comment