Saturday, January 15, 2011

Good Feeling

This band just really gets me. I remember thinking that the first time I ever heard a Violent Femmes song -- which was probably like 1986?

And when the ipod shuffled onto this tune this morning, I still felt these guys were (pretty much) speaking my truth:

Good feeling
Won't you stay with me just a little longer
It always seems like you're leaving
When I need you here just a little longer

Of course, when I heard this while in high school I was:

1) a lot less happy a human being
2) a lot less schooled in the Buddhist philosophy that it's best not to attach to any feeling, good or bad

But even as a happier woman and an operational Buddhist in many respects, I think it's safe to say I'd pretty much always like the good feelings to stay with me just a little longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment