Thursday, January 27, 2011

Love is All Around

Yesterday morning at work, my inner policy wonk was feeling extremely satisfied as she listened to some world-class economists and public policy analysts talk about evidence-based budgeting. I feel so privileged to have landed in a space where it feels like I'm getting to use my big old brain for things that really matter to the people living in the same state as I do. I'm not an NFL fan, so I don't feel the fraternal connection that so many are feeling around the Packer victory, but I feel it on a human level.

These feelings were underscored by -- hold onto your hats here -- the saying written on the inside of a Dove chocolate that was consumed during the talk(s). It said: "open your eyes to the love all around you." And as I sat in a room filled with people who likely disagreed about a lot of things, I really could:

...feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
Love is all around me
And so the feeling grows
It is written on the wind
That's everywhere I go
So if you really love me
Come on and let it show

And I really do believe the more we let it show, as The Troggs advise us, the better off we're all going to be in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment