Friday, September 19, 2014

Problem

This morning I wasn't feeling too pumped about my practice, and I could tell it was more emotional than physical. When it came time for backbends, I really didn't want to do them, but I heard my teacher's voice in my head telling me that doing them on days like this was when they'd matter most. As I came up into the first one, the tears started to roll, but by number three, I started to feel liberated. After all six, I felt like I'd done what I needed for today so I did the last three poses, the closing chant, and hit savasana.

As I biked away from the studio, a song popped into my head that made me feel a little bit guilty and a whole lot lighter:

One less problem without ya!
I got!
One less problem without ya!
I got!
One less problem without ya!

I got one less, one less problem

And it's true. Without worrying about how it could work with my New Englander, I do have one less problem. And it's a big problem that has been taking up a lot of energy for a long time. Of course, there's a reason for that:

I know you're never gonna wake up
I gotta give up
But it's you!
I know I shouldn't ever call back
Or let you come back
But it's you!
Every time you touch me
And say you love me
I get a little bit breathless
I shouldn't want it
But it's you!

Head in the clouds
Got no weight on my shoulders
I should be wiser
And realize that I've got

Yeah, sometimes I've got my head in the clouds and no weight on my shoulders. Often, even. But not when I'm doing my backbends. Those babies make me wiser every single day by asking me to let go of the past and step forward into my future:

One less problem without ya!
I got!
One less problem without ya!
I got!
One less problem without ya!

I got one less, one less problem

No comments:

Post a Comment