Monday, September 8, 2014

New Moon on Monday

Not  just a full moon, but a super moon!
Ok, so I'm two weeks late with this Duran Duran song -- the moon was new two weeks ago today -- and now it's full. But I can't help it. It's the one my internal ipod played this morning:

Shake up the picture the lizard mixture
With your dance on the eventide
You got me coming up with answers
All of which I deny
I said it again
Could I please rephrase it
Maybe I can catch a ride
I couldn't really put it much plainer
But I'll wait till you decide
Send me your warning siren
As if I could ever hide
Last time La Luna

I light my torch and wave it for the
New moon on Monday
And a firedance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite

I think I've written before about the fact that Ashtanga practitioners don't practice yoga when the moon is new or when it's full. Today this meant that I had a little extra time between dropping my daughter off and going to the Dentist, so I decided to head out to Quarry Ridge for a little mountain biking.

What a great way to start the day! It was so beautiful. As I made my way from the parking lot to the trails, I spotted a heron. Bunnies bolted across the path in front of me. I had the entire park (ok so it's not that big, but still) to myself. It was so much fun -- and set a great tone for my day.

I'm not going to pretend, however, that there weren't moments that were difficult. Moments when I missed my mountain biking pal a whole helluva lot:

Breaking away with the best of both worlds
A smile that you can't disguise
Every minute I keep finding
Clues that you leave behind
Save me from these reminders
As if I'd forget tonight
This time La Luna

But luckily, this super moon is all about healing. And the tears I shed as I sang/screamed this song on the way to the park and this one as I was leaving, well, they're watering my soul. Which must've been pretty freakin' dry before this breakup. I gotta trust that they are going to stop when it's just wet enough to seed new life, even if it feels sometimes like that's taking longer than I'd like it to...

No comments:

Post a Comment