Sunday, August 15, 2010

867-5309/Jenny

Tomorrow is the birthday of the man who, when I told him about my idea about picking a song for each day, suggested I start a blog. I'm grateful to him for that, and for some other things too, some of which were enumerated in those first few posts...

Anyway, I picked this song in his honor because he, like Jim Keller (who helped write this song and was part of Tommy Tutone), is a musician who was at one time on the road and now plays in bands on the side, for fun and because it feeds his spirit. The night we met -- also the night I gave him my digits -- he had a gig, and he seemed capable of anything that night. And I think he is, as are all of us, but we need to believe that we are and it's really easy to let the demands of being an adult in this culture drag us away from who we really are and why we're really here.

Although it started off with a bang for us, we weren't a love match. But I still wanted to dedicate this post to him in hopes that the coming year can be filled with more of what feeds his soul and makes him happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment