Thursday, August 5, 2010

Put Your Records On

Summer has officially begun. I'm done with my 4-month project, and had the day off work today to hang with my kids. We hooked up the hose, got out the slip n' slide, biked to the cemetery to do grave rubbings (which would've been considerably more pleasant without the mosquitoes), and then biked to Pasqual's (our local southwestern restaurant) for dinner. This was our background music as we biked home:

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams
Just go ahead, let your hair down

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow...

Yes. I. Am.

And I'm not actually suggesting that you listen to it, but I feel compelled to mention, with my 7-year old by my side, that the Chipettes covered this song in Alvin and the Chipmunks: the Squeakquel.

No comments:

Post a Comment