Monday, August 9, 2010

A Woman Left Lonely

I love Janis Joplin.

I was feeling uneasy this evening, and so I turned to one of my favorite tonics -- the non-alcoholic variety given my Uncle's passing -- guided meditation. I was feeling pretty serene after listening to 30-minutes of "Mind Like Sky" when itunes shuffled straight to this number -- one of Janis's beautiful, quieter tunes.

And although I'm not there at the moment, I can say from personal experience that she speaks the truth when she says:

A woman left lonely will soon grow tired of waiting,
She'll do crazy things, yeah, on lonely occasions...

She's another one that we lost to the desire to lose herself -- thank goodness she left behind so much amazing music and so many great pics of her wearing her crazy shades!

No comments:

Post a Comment