Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jersey Girl

This morning my ipod reminded me of a truth about which I had forgotten: I'm in love with a Jersey girl. At least I felt like I was, when I heard the Boss singing this phenomenal tune:

So don't bother me man I ain't got no time
I'm on my way to see that girl of mine
'Cause nothing matters in this whole wide world
When you're in love with a Jersey girl...

This song was written by another of my favorite male rockers: Tom Waits. And I can't really decide between Bruce's version and Tom's original-- they're both so amazing.

My man Eddie Vedder took this song on too, and I know it's a shocker since he's so often number one in my heart, but in this crowd I have to give him the silver (since Bruce & Tom shared the gold) in the coolest rocker contest.

Sing Sha la la la la la la
Sha la la la la la la la la
Sha la la la la la la
Sha la la la I'm in love with a Jersey girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment