Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nobody

This morning as my daughter was unloading her backpack into her locker, she and one of her classmates were chatting about which locker belonged to whom. "That's nobody's locker," they said, pointing to an empty one. This caused me to instantly break into song:

Well your nobody called today
She hung up when I asked her name
Well I wonder does she think she's being clever?

And while my seven-year-old and her friend couldn't appreciate this blast from the past, I know some of you will. It may be true that the days of being able to hang up without leaving a trace are behind us, in an era of caller id and *69 (and why, praytell, did they choose those two digits for the auto callback feature??), but thankfully we still have Sylvia to sing to us about them.

My personal favorite lyrics, complete with double entendre:

(But) I can love you like nobody can...
Even Better!

No comments:

Post a Comment