Sunday, February 13, 2011

Free Fallin'

Let the melting begin! When I got into my car this afternoon, the thermometer read 50 degrees -- and even without the direct sun, it was a solid 45 degrees. Ahhhhhh. I've been doing a damn fine job of winter appreciation this year, if I do say so myself, but snow and cold just cannot compare to sunshine and warmth for me. I started my car, opened my sun roof for the first time in months, (but left my seat heater on for good measure), and as if in celebration, this song was playing:

And I'm free, I'm free fallin'...

Tom released this gem during my senior year of high school. I can remember driving around with my friend Troy in his new Cougar (this was a time when the animal shared its name with automobiles but not with pouncing older women), and just cranking this song. I'm happy to report that a couple decades plus later, it was just as satisfying to crank it in my Volvo!

No comments:

Post a Comment