Thursday, February 3, 2011

If It Makes You Happy

On this subzero morning with still fairly snow-covered streets, I contemplated my transportation options. I checked in to see if I could ride in with a friend that I haven't talked to nearly as much as I'd like recently, but she wasn't going to work. I almost settled on the bus, but then I remembered that I felt pretty damn miserable by the end of the day on Thursday last week (when I drove every day) and decided to ride my bike instead. When I took my kids to school, I ran into another friend who said: "Why don't you take your car? It's so cold today!" Yeah, I said, it is, but I'm happier if I ride my bike.

As I rode off from the school playground, wind in my face, I was heartened by Sheryl's voice inside my head:

If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad...

And I only fell once on my way to work this morning! Plus, it was a smarter fall (didn't land on my hip as I did the last two times).

I love the way she sings the chorus of this song. I really dig her -- she's strong -- and she can rock the glam look, the short hair, and the less-made-up long-haired-lass acoustic equally well.

No comments:

Post a Comment