Monday, February 14, 2011

What's Love Got to Do With It

Valentine's Day has a completely different feel for me this year, and when I started to contemplate putting that difference into words, it was Tina's voice that serenaded me:

You must understand
That the touch of your hand
Makes my pulse react
That it's only the thrill
Of boy meeting girl
Opposites attract

It's physical
Only logical
You must try to ignore
That it means more than that

Sorry Tina, I can no longer ignore that it means more than that. Last year on Valentine's Day, that's exactly where I was -- the pulse reaction (and then the rest of the bod following) was the extent of it. And at that point, I was questioning, right along with Tina:

What's love got to do, got to do with it
What's love but a sweet old fashioned notion
What's love got to do, got to do with it
Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken

But this year, I know that the fact that a heart can break, as mine did, in no way nullifies my need (or my desire) for one. And I know that this sweet old fashioned notion is the sweetest notion there is...

No comments:

Post a Comment