Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)

My kids and I went to the birthday party of a dear friend today who will be 10 years old tomorrow. It was an ambitious party -- 12 kids for 4 hours at his house --and the birthday boy did most of the party planning. The activities ranged from snowball fight to dance party complete with a mirror ball, videos projected on the walls, limbo -- you name it.

When I entered the dance party I saw my almost 11-year old dancing with his friends and had one of those "oh my god my kid is really growing up!" moments. The last song they played was one from my dancing days (not that they're over, but it was a throwback to an earlier era), and it was particularly fun to see my son and his pals groovin' to this number!

No comments:

Post a Comment