Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sundays

Most weeks, I really dig Sunday. When I don't have my kids, I usually bike downtown and go to yoga; when I do, I enjoy the last few hours with them before they go to their Dad's. Every week I teach yoga at 12:45pm, after which I often go running or cross country skiing, and then I teach again at 5:30pm. Lots of activity, lots of yoga, generally a good thing.

But this morning I woke up feeling unsettled. Might've been a hangover from that rough flick I watched yesterday, might've been the fact that my bed was empty (a friend had stayed over the night before and the kids had come down for a big old snuggle in the morning), might've been that my body felt like it was succumbing to whatever it'd been fighting off, might've been the knowledge that I'm likely to have a pretty wild work week ahead of me...

Whatever it was, when my ipod shuffled onto this Lucinda track this morning, I could fully relate:

I can't seem to make it through Sunday
I can't seem to make it through Sunday

Monday through Saturday I get by just fine
Every other day of the week I feel alright
But I don't know why
I don't know why

I can't seem to make it through Sunday
I can't seem to make it through Sunday

Sunday's supposed to be the day for kicking off your shoes
But how come that's the day I always get the blues
And I don't know why
I don't know why

I can't seem to make it through Sunday
I can't seem to make it through Sunday

But here I am. I made it. I still don't feel particularly well physically, and I definitely spent a fair amount of this sleety day wet and cold, but I also enjoyed teaching and practicing yoga, got to hang with a good friend for dinner, got to talk to my man, and now, I get to go to sleep. And no matter how good or bad a day I have, I always relish that part.

Speaking of relishing, I'm sorry to say I could not find a recording of Lucinda singing this song on you tube, but I did find one of The Kentucky Waterfalls covering it, and it's pretty sweet. The male - female call and response really works with this song. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment