Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Good Things

Sometimes it's a little harder than others to see the good things about living in Wisconsin. Blizzards, for me, are one of those times. The weather was so crazy cold, snowy and windy on Tuesday night I couldn't even make it home from work. I worried a little about the shape I'd find my house in the next day -- would it be buried in snow?

But I was able to see the good things -- anticipating the snow and difficult travel -- I brought my cross country skis to work. When I was unable to get home - I enjoyed a delicious meal out with colleagues and then hunkered down on the (fairly) comfy couch in my boss's office where I ended up getting, though not without interruption, 8 hours of sleep!

And when I finally did make it home, on my skis, the following afternoon, my neighbors had cleared the foot plus of snow off my front walk and my sidewalks, leaving me with only having to rake my roof and dig out my car.

I felt profoundly grateful, for all of it, including the early morning phone call from my man that I received before the blizzard began, saying he'd heard this song as he started his commute, and was reminded of the good thing(s) he had waiting for him in Wisconsin:

Sunlight fall down on the fields
Sunlight fall down over me
Work all day, be all that I can be yeah-heh
Say I can say words only simple
Say I can say words only clear
But, oh, I can feel your heart is beating near. Yeah-heh
Haunting love is all that I feel, when you're passing by
Haunting love is all that I see, it's there in your eyes

And I say
No, no, no, don't pass me over
No, no, no, don't pass me by
See I can see good things for you and I
Yeah, good things for you and I...

No comments:

Post a Comment