Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Man Who Sold the World

This one came to me last night while I was waiting to hear the Governor's speech. Such a beautiful room, in such a beautiful building, so much pomp and circumstance... It really was a sight to behold. In my mind, the lyric was "the man who ruled the world" -- and though Wisconsin's Governor doesn't rule the world, it is one of the most powerful Governorships in the country. Watching him, I knew that he could see the good things about Wisconsin, even in the midst of a blizzard, and that he wanted even more good things for the state. It isn't going to be easy -- he said as much -- but I'm hopeful that many good things are going to come out of this administration.

And what a treat it was, when I got home and looked this song up, to see the beautiful Kurt Cobain, in his fuzzy green sweater, singing this song. Love him! And I suppose David Bowie, the original artist, deserves a shout-out as well, even if he isn't quite so pretty or so cozily dressed...

No comments:

Post a Comment