Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Daylight

Got a sweet email from my friend, former nanny (of my kids, not of me, but that will become apparent shortly) saying she was channeling me today because her internal jukebox kicked in while she was riding her bike. I asked her what it played, and she sent me the link to this song on you tube. I'd never heard of Matt and Kim, but my 7 and 11 year olds both said "I know that song Mom!" when it started playing. Too cute.

In my fantasies about this blog, musicians send me samples just hoping I'll feature them at some point. This, I reckon, is a step in that direction, not to mention a pretty fun song:

and in the daylight we can hitchhike to maine
i hope that someday i’ll see without these frames
and in the daylight i don’t pick up my phone
cause in the daylight anywhere feels like home

I, for one, could really go for hitchhiking to Maine right about now. Sometimes being all grown up and having lots of responsibility feels limiting, but I've been on the other side too, and I know that too much freedom can feel exactly the same way. Guess I'll just try to be where I am and with how that's feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment